Thursday, September 15, 2011

Charcoal, Anyone?

Pancakes were on the menu for breakfast.

As I was waiting for one to develop enuf bubbles to flip, Farm Boy leaned over my shoulder and whispered..."watched pancakes never cook."

????

Well, I don't know about that, but I do know UNwatched pancakes certainly can and will burn.

Ya know, I'm getting the distinct feeling that Farm Boy's cooking days are thru - or at least his grilling days. He used to delight in a perfectly cooked, juicy top sirloin. Now, be it chicken, steak or even zucchini. It ain't done until the fat lady sings, or errrr...until at least one side is blackened into inedibility.

Might have something to do with his ability to throw the food on the BBQ and then retreat to his chair and become glued to the TV until someone starts screaming... FIRE!!!

No comments: