Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Why?

The Youngest bounces into the kitchen this morning.

A young, 17 year old man of rare and frequent enthusiasms.

He's got it ALL FIGURED OUT!

He's taking the money he makes from working in the hay fields this summer and for $3000 he's going to get his pilot's license, and next summer?

He's going to be a....(wait for it)





Crop Duster!!!!!!

I know I rolled my eyes...because he started earnestly explaining his theory.

I object. One word. "Danger."

"Phfft!" He exclaims.

"Cost..."

"Oh no....blah, blah, blah" he runs on.

"Experience?"

But he was off and running. He had a plan....again.

Oh me. I'm getting too old for this. And I hate to "stomp" on his dreams. But most of them are designed to give Mom a heart attack. Can he just grow up, make it to 21 without any more breaks, explosions, burns, surgeries, near death drops from silo's, sled rides into sewer systems and? (We don't even want to talk about out houses & rocks...)

But just in case, I've already found my reality check.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-articles/read.main?id=144

I know - killjoy.

No comments: