Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut - Sometimes You Don't!

Or make that - sometimes you feel like writing, sometimes you don't...Just taking a little month's hiatus. But I look @ the stats and folks are still checking out the blog. What's up w/ that? Not getting any more hits on the profile so you're apparently repeat customers. Ya big sillies - got to get your "daily" dose of attitude, eh?

Anyway I got to laughing the other day. (Again!)

Several weeks ago a friend started remodeling her kitchen. And ohhhhh, it's going to be nice. She was telling me about her plans: tear down this wall, move this here, put an island there. I thought it sounded great and when she talked about opening up the hallway and using a spare bedroom for the dining area I was totally impressed and while looking at the layout I mentioned that it would look nice if she removed a portion of another wall which would really open up the space.

She gave a little shriek, threatened to punch me and said "Not you too!" Her husband and contractor had both mentioned the possibility but it seemed she was adamantly opposed to the idea. So while I repeated that I thought it would look nice with a half wall, I also told her it was her kitchen, so whatever!!!!

Yesterday I visited to see how it was going. About halfway done. But I'm getting a visual - I'm likin' it!!! As we turned to discuss the placement of the china hutch I did a double take. The WALL was missing.

I looked at it. Looked at her. Raised an eyebrow...

"Well," she says, "I'm still not sure, but I talked to Mike and told him what you said and it ended up being a...Carly says....so here we are."

Seriously people???????

Well hell.

I want to try that again, only THIS TIME - I want a horse in that race!!!!!!!


Feels just like a replay of the old TV ad that goes, "When E.F. Hutton talks, people listen!"

Snort. And you know, if she ends up hating it, who's fault it will be, right?

-

No comments: