Saturday, March 3, 2012

Private Club

The Youngest has been a naughty boy and has been grounded for the last two weeks. This means, in part, that his driving privileges have been temporarily revoked.

Win, win situation for me. I have to go to Richland to work out anyway, so I can run him to school, he gets his dose of discipline as his buddies see him dropped off by his mommy and then I head for the club. This gets me to a water aerobics class that is just one hour earlier than the one I usually attend. Only difference is that the ladies in class all range in the late 60's to 70's + years old, instead of the 40-50 range in the later class. So, nice women, but most are my mother's age.

One sweet woman, named Leah, belongs to the same church as I, just attends a different ward. She goes out of her way to include me and the past two weeks have been fun getting to know her.

Today, Joan shows up.

Everyone else knows her but it's the first time I've seen her. Been on vacation, maybe? Leah & I are talking, she sees Joan and motions her into our "circle." Leah leans forward conspiratorially and whispers to Joan, "She's one of us."

I look at the rest of the octogenarians. I'm a little concerned. How old does she think I am?????

OH!

She means I'm LDS.

Whew!

That I can live with. Welcome to the club!!!!

No comments: