Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Procrastinator's Hell

Yesterday I waited until the evening to clean the corral. Wanted it to be cooler, 'cause scooping poop is hard work! I was just about to go find my shovel when Farm Boy comes out and says "Your show is on!"

"Eh. I've got work to do."

"Oh come on. It's the season finale."

"Nah, I need to get this done."

"Please...."

And really, when faced with 1)missing one of the only TV programs you watch or  2)hauling horse manure....

I went inside.

This morning the alarm goes off. I push the snooze button. Alarm is still going.

???

This time I punch the snooze button. Alarm is STILL going.

I pick up the clock, turn the alarm off and there. is. still. noise...

Sigh. Cell phone alarm.

While yesterday was warmish, this morning is overcast. The clouds start moving in. The wind picks up. Oh oh. I'd best get moving.

Alas, by the time I made it to the corral the first drops of rain were falling. Dust was whirling around and it soon began to pour in dead earnest.

It only took about 45 minutes but by the time I was through I was soaked to the bone, covered in crap, with mud up to my knees.

The plan was to go in the back door, and in deference to the neighbors sensibilities I refrained from shedding my clothes on the deck.

GOOD THING!

The door was locked. I tried the next door...of course I'm locked out of the house.

Finally got into the garage once I got the *&!$# garage door opener to work. By now things are getting desperate because I really have to use the bathroom. Just as I punch the button to shut the garage door the cat dashes in thru the pelting rain and makes the door return to the open position. Rain is pouring in the garage and I have to try again & wait until it closes all the way this time.

Step inside, shed everything and streak nekked thru the house. (Y'know the one with all the curtains open.)

Perfect.

But that's what I get for putting stuff off.

I'm pretty sure catching the last show of the season wasn't quite worth it.


No comments: