Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Monster is Back

Do you know how hard it is to type with one hand? Yeah. Monster is back. She stealthily moves up to the window sill, along the top of the book case and then one paw tentatively touches my shoulder...Can she "sneak" onto my chest without me noticing? Ahhhh. Success. She buries her nose into the front of my shirt. Apparently nothing spells home quite like the hit she gets of downey/tide/almond bath soap and whatever other unique body odors I possess. The left paw slowly creeps up around my neck.

Ummmm, no.

The claws - remember? Nothing gets you booted off the island faster than the claws. I pull her paw down. She gazes at me thru half closed eyes as if to say, "It was worth a try."

I have one arm curved under her to keep her from falling off. So she rolls onto her back, all four legs waving in the air. Then a paw swipes at the hand punching letters on the keyboard.

Imagine - a spare hand  that's not devoted to her.

The nerve.

Humans take forever to train.
-

No comments: