Saturday, October 16, 2010

Goldilocks and Just Right

When you are in a car for 4-6 hours you want to be comfortable. One of the first considerations is temperature. Too hot? Run the air conditioner. Too cold? Try some heat.

But...

When you deliver mail  - one window always has to be open. So that heating/air conditioning thing?

Works - kinda.

For the last couple of weeks tho, the temperature outside has been just right to have both the windows open and I get to enjoy the crisp, fall air.

So...

I pull up to a mail box. It is just slightly past the house and across the street. I gather their mail and start to place it in the box when SOMEONE runs up, sticks their head in the other window and yells, "HIYA!!!!"

AAAAAHHH!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! He laughs hysterically and skitters around to the other side to grab his mail.

I'm still sputtering, but miraculously have not gone into cardiac arrest due to being scared out of my wits, and manage to grit out, "You. are. worse. than. your. brothers." (That, by the way, was not a compliment.)

The 50+ year old juvenile delinquent cheerfully assures me, "Oh, I'm the best of the three of us!!!"

He's still grinning maniacally and continues, "That was great! You usually don't leave that other window open!"

??????

There's a reason for that....

-

No comments: