Thursday, October 14, 2010

Opera Star

The pool is closed for the season.

Insert the sound of wailing...here.

So I have to find a new form of exercise. But face it. Exercise for the sake of exercise is not much fun. And all you gym freaks out there? Shut. Up.

The exercise bike sits in the corner. I'm sure it is beckoning to me. Tell me again why I talked Mom out of that hunk o' junk?
Sigh. Okay.

Everyone, climb aboard.

Wait. A little Aerosmith makes everything better. Climb off.

Climb on.

Whoops. Not loud enuf. Climb off.
Climb on.

Close my eyes and start singing along with Dream On.

Yeah. This is more like it...

Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay...

As I gather speed, I throw my head back, pump those peddles and bellow sing:

Dream On Dream On Dream On...
Dream until your dream comes true..

Then the "Dream On" goes up and octave or two...

Hey I'm game! Everyone else is gone so I open my throat and try to hit the high note.

And poor Chub Chub, who has been hiding in the laundry room to escape the decibel level, careens thru the TV room, like a greased pig sliding thru a fence, trying to find a safer place to be.

Oh.

Well.

Not "everyone" is gone.

Do they have cat psychologists?
-

No comments: