Tuesday, November 17, 2009

God Rocks!

Sometimes the youth of today get a rap for not being humble enough, polite enough...and their language. Oh my. But then again, sometimes their slang nails it right on the head.

Farm Boy was working on the pickup this morning. Had it all torn apart. Reassembling it has been....interesting. He needed help but the Youngest was at school. So he asked me to help hold the stand he was using.  I could do that. Unfortunately it wasn't helping that much, more like moral support. He was frustrated and said if the Youngest were here the boy could climb under the pickup and....

Sigh. Okay. I could do that.

No, he says.

Yeah I say. Just get me a piece of cardboard to lay on.

So I'm under the pickup.

Farm Boy is valiantly trying to piece everything back together, but it's awkward, at the wrong angle, just not  fitting. It's hard on him to try to reach, his breathing is labored. Time passes. I know his muscles are protesting. (I'm with him! My back has seized up a while ago, they'll need a crane to get me out from under here.) Sweat is dripping off his face. He takes a break. Tries again. No bueno. Gets his breath. (Insert Jeopardy watch ticking music score here.)  Oh dear...

A silent prayer. "God - a little help??"  Seconds later a truimphant "Got it!"

YES! This is sooooo awesome!

Now the next one. Fiddle, twink....

Start that clock running again.

Farm Boy, (tired and just wanting it to be over) "Okay, I'm going to put a wrench on it."

"Now, now. Take your time. It's okay. We've got all day. Remember you said we don't want to cross thread it."

Farm Boy, "I'll know when I start it if it's going to go..."

Cringe.

"Please, please, please. Steady his hand and clear his mind..."

Farm Boy, "Alright!"

Coincidence?

Okay, if you insist.

But I'll tell you what I do know.  I am no one. Really. In the grand scheme of things - nothing special. But I do know that He listens to us. He is mindful of each and every one of us. He answers our prayers. Big or small. So you go ahead and stick with the stuff happens thing, however, after one hundred plus "coincidences" I'm just going to go with...

God - You ROCK!
-

No comments: