Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let Me Tell You About Wendy

I met Wendy what? 30+ years ago.

She is lovely.

She is petite, has gorgeous black hair, beautiful sparkling eyes, a flawless complexion and a smile that lights the night. Truly a classic beauty.

More importantly she is kind, gracious & humble. One of those people who looks for, and finds, the positives in life.   Someone who you could almost learn to dislike because she, she's so...perfect! But that's impossible to do because she also comes with this little grin that flirts with the corners of her lips when we're all getting TOO serious about ourselves.

I am always amazed by my friends. I know some awesome people. Their biggest flaw seems to be that they like me, in spite of myself!

What's up with that???

Don't get me wrong...I'm grateful. Truly. But still....

So the other day Wendy & I are instant messaging. Basically making noise, no earth shattering news being passed back & forth. I'm making my usual scathing, in your face remarks - trying to be funny. I reread something I've written and figure it's time to repent. "Sorry," I write, "was trying to be humorous - sometimes I think I'm funny." :(

Without missing a beat she writes back - "You are."

Ahhhh.

Okay, she may have one fault. Apparently she lies.

But I love her for it!

No comments: