Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Silly Horthy

A new horseshoer was recommended to me and Padwon got her hooves trimmed today.

Turns out it wasn't a horseshoer, they are a team.  Older guy, Steve & his apprentice. Both good hands w/ a horse.

But two new people in her barn? My little blond just stressed about it.

Overall she did fairly well, and I had to laugh when I led her out so that Steve could watch how she was traveling. We were done and as we were talking, in the middle of the pasture, I undid her halter. As soon as she was free she went from patiently standing to an immediate explosion of action - the head went up, the tail went up and she thundered off at a dead run, throwing dirt clods in the air as she fled across the pasture. She reached the far fence, turned and glared balefully at us.

Just had to let us know that she thoroughly disapproved of two strange men crowding her.

But she's a girl who's got her priorities straight...

I got a handful of grainful of grain, whistled, and said..."if you want this you'd best come arunning!"

Huh?

Her head jerks, she sees that the guys are out of the corral so she immediately makes a bee line to me and the grain.

I guess being (and remaining) indignant is just not all that it's cracked up to be!

No comments: