Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cat Butts

Dropped The Youngest at school this morning. Then decided to wander around this "boutique" garden center before I went home.

WOW!

Awesome greenhouse, sweet gift shop, cool water fountains, fabulous statuary - cute, cute stuff, but total and complete sticker shock! 4" geranium?  $12.99.

Hello?

Lawrence, Kansas? Is anybody out there?

Seriously. I know they're in RICHland but who can/will pay these prices? Repeat after me....Recession....

And I was so sad because there, right as I turned to leave, was a display of little ceramic cat butts. Fuffly ones, black ones, yellow ones, ones with kinked tails, ones with curved tails. How perfect. There is an apartment that deserves to have the whole collection prominently displayed on it's walls. One of those running jokes that we just can't let die.

But...

$9.99 for one little 2" high cat butt.

Sigh.

Not today.

I showed them tho. I got in my rig, trotted myself right down to the Farmer's Exchange and blew $75 on lots and lots of flowers.

And by the way, snotty boutique...their beautiful, 4" geranium's were only $2.99.

-

No comments: