Friday, April 2, 2010

The Dentist's Chair

Friend Wendy is forever talking about the indignities of aging. She's not at all shy about declaring her intent to have her chest restructured sometime soon. Doesn't want to be bigger just wants everything to be back where it used to be...before gravity intervened.

I'm here to tell you I've found a solution. At the dentist's they've got those handy dandy chairs that recline and tilt back?  Well, last week, I found myself being tilted back until I was becoming distinctly uneasy. Surely my head was down far enough?

No?

A little farther?

Okay, we're good, right?

Hey! Doc! Any further and I'm going to slide right out of the chair onto the floor! And then I became aware of a slight shift.

Uh-oh. More tilt. More shift.

I can feel my cheeks starting to burn and I'm thinking this is an "interesting" dilemma.

Wendy dear, think incline/inversion table. The girls haven't been that close to my chin for...years.

Who knew one should wear a sports bra to the dentist?????
-

No comments: