Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Take a Trip & Never Leave the Farm" has Merits

We're back! Home from Provo. Did a little work at The Commander's & DIL new house. Blew out both knees, not just the one that I thought was healing...then added insult to injury by dragging my toe on the curbing at a rest stop, skinning up my left arm when I tried to break my fall and spraining my right wrist when I went down... (boy am I talented or what?) Farm Boy's muscles are stiff. He has more creaks in him than a hundred year old barn and keeps looking at his shoe laces mournfully. I think he's hoping someone else will bend over and tie them for him. He's willing to look pathetic now that the daughter-in-law isn't around to impress!

Sign us up for geezer-hood.

Oh wait, too late. Already there.

Anyway, came back to, among other things:

   About 40 million phone messages - all from people who knew we'd be gone.

   ????
  
   Baked apples on the front porch. I'm sure they were fine on Saturday when they were left. Wednesday nite? Ummm, no.

   A redecorated front yard. This one was funny. My friend probably sent her boys over to pick up the flower pots for their reception and guys being guys... putting them back? I can see their faces now, looking at one another and saying, "Where the heck did you get this one from???"

   But flower pots in interesting places is the least of my worries.

   Because we found that one of our feline friends decided he did not want to be litter box trained.

Now you tell us???

Woof!

What a "stinkin' mess."

Literally.


Strangling a black cat is right at the top of my "to do"  list tonight.




-

No comments: