Thursday, December 2, 2010

Aloha!

My theory has always been that the temperature should stay around 75-80 degrees 24/7. Day in and day out. I'll concede that it would be nice to have snow on Christmas Eve but I'm pretty sure it should all be melted by Christmas Day afternoon when everyone wants to get to their holiday meal.

That's part of the reason I like living in the Tri Cities. No, we don't meet the above requirements but for being in the Pacific Northwest we do enjoy a longer than average growing season and winters are generally mild. Once every 7 or so years we get snow that sticks and stays but most of the time it's bearable.

Unfortunately it's lookin' like it's going to be one of "THOSE" years. In times past, I've had day lilies that have bloomed at Thanksgiving. (Unusual but not impossible) And  a red, red rose tried to bloom on Christmas Eve once. (Okay, I was, and still am, surprised at that!)

But this year? If these pictures I took yesterday are any indication of what it's going to be like, all I have to say is...

























Bah humbug!
-

No comments: