Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm In Love

Ummmmm ....

The container from Costco is labeled: McCormick Gourmet Collection, Table Grind, Malabar Black Pepper. Vine Ripened on India's Tropical Malabar Coast, these peppercorns have a clean, bold bite and fruity aroma that complement savory and sweet foods.

What?

You know, I've bought pepper and other spices in bulk from Costco for a long time. Never had any complaints about them. They're functional and cost effective. And other than identifying what's in the jar, can, etc. I seldom read the entire label.

This time though, I looked at the label and wondered "what's Malabar?" Humph. Opened it, looked at it, tasted it. Yup, looks and tastes like pepper and then the smell....

Oh my heavens. What is that glorious smell. It was rich, it was fruity, it was - it's hard to describe the complex delight that hit my olfactory senses, it was....my!

Pepper?

Yup, pepper. Not just any pepper mind you. Malabar Black Pepper or Pimienta Negra Malabar Molido De Mesa, if you will.

Excuse me if I don't get up when you come in. I'll  be a little busy sniffing my pepper. I think it's  going to be my new favorite hobby.
-

No comments: