Friday, November 5, 2010

Chilling Out

Stayed up way. too. late. last nite.

Getting up at 5:15am to get The Youngest to school?

Shoot me now.

I am bushed. And man, it is cold in the house!!! The thermostat keeps resetting itself to the mid sixties...Brrrr!

I'm freezing and I could grab a sweater, ride my exercise bike, push a vacuum around or start baking but...nahhh. Sleep calls.

Wait, my bed is fixed. I don't want to mess it up.

But!

Ah, just as I thought. The Youngest did not make his bed before he went to school. (No surprise there.) I throw back the covers to crawl in.

Why that little stink!

This is where my blanket is! (We have a couple of lap blankets that we keep in the family room to snuggle under while we're watching TV and my favorite had disappeared. It's a soft, plush, beige throw that feels so good to curl up in. It tends to be a source of contention as everyone wants it...one blanket, three people = no bueno! Now the little twink has confiscated it...)

Fine for now. I'm going to sleep. The blanket will leave when I do.

I'm curled in a ball, waiting for the bedding to start retaining body heat.

This is taking forever.

There is a small bounce on the mattress. A kittah has come to snuggle beside me. Welcome friend!! You're warm.

I start to doze off. Another bounce on the mattress. Feline #2 picks his way across the bed and settles on my back.

Finally, I wake momentarily and feel a warm, heavy weight on the back of my knees.

Some people have 'dog days', others smoke 'camels', still other's have 'horses' in their engines.

Me?

I gots a 3 cat heater.

It's all good.

No comments: