Thursday, November 11, 2010

Standard Daylight Time

Switching back & forth from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Daylight Time has always been a bit like jet lag to me.  Some people try to "work" it, mess with their schedules, tell themselves it's really not time to get up, take extra naps etc.

I say, just go for it. Switch your clocks and go with the current time.

Padwon is NOT on board with this idea.




It's 5:30 a.m. I am up, the house lights are on and I'm preparing breakfast for the humans. Thru the darkness outside, the lights reflect off her white mane. I see the ghost of her outline.

Standing at the fence.

Staring at me.

In her world, breakfast. is. late.

I usually try to feed at 6 - 6:15 in the morning, and 6 at night. Someone doesn't cotton to the idea of the time change.

When I finally show up, I get the horsey head toss.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I give her some extra scratches to make up for her inconvenience. I must have been doing a really good job too because she actually STOPPED eating and lifted her head so I could get just the right spot under her neck.

That doesn't happen very often!

 She goes back to her hay and I turn to leave. As I start to close the dutch doors, she stops eating again and walks over and sticks her head over the bottom half of the door.

????

"See you at dinner I say as I stroke her nose..."
Then I grin and say, "Like, ummm, 5:30 tonight?" And I whisper "Pacific Standard Time?"

There is another horsey head toss. She turns and I get the cold butt. And as I shoved the bolt home on the top half of the door I swear I heard...

"Don't even think about it."

????

No comments: