Saturday, November 6, 2010

What's Your Point

The tag line of a genealogist I once knew was:

What's the point? To get it done, or get it done right?

This was one heck of a researcher. The gal's stuff was solid gold. She wasn't in the habit of making or posting mistakes. I appreciated her, her talent and her generosity. She passed away a couple of years ago and I adopted her tag line in honor of her memory.

I've found it applies to many aspects of life.

Just the other day, a sweet lady I was working with was asking me some questions. She has the biggest heart but can sometimes be a little "fluffy." She also has a tendency to cut corners and when adding two plus two can come up with a bewildering variety of answers.

She was leaving a few important components out of an equation. I remember telling her: "verify, verify, verify!" Then I started, "What's the point..."

She heaved a sigh, interrupted me and finished with: "To get it done, or get it done right..."

Oh.

Apparently I've repeated myself.

A time, or two.
-

No comments: