Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Sound of Silence

#1 Daughter has been back from college for the last week and a half. It's been nice to have her around. Expensive. But mostly nice. Had to be outfitted for her summer internship to Uganda. Kinda turned the old pockets inside out.

You need what?

Huh?

What?

And then there was the packing. Instructions on why one shouldn't wad their clothes up fell on deaf ears.

I also got the old "eye roll"  when I found myself explaining that t-shirts could actually stay white if one used a little bleach in the wash...

This last week has just reinforced that fact that I obviously like talking to myself.

A lot.

And when I did make enuf noise that she couldn't ignore me it was...

"I know, motherrr..." 

"Yes, motherrr..."

"Motherrr..."

Sigh.

So the Farm Boy & I went to put her on the plane this afternoon. (Right after feeding her the nice, foot long, Meatball Subway Sandwich that she wanted.) He anxiously asked, "Do you have Dramamine with you?"

Oh no, she assured him, she didn't need that. She doesn't get airsick.

It was The Youngest who got the call later.

Denver. Made it to the 1st stop. Lots of turbulence coming into the Mile High City.

Just thought she'd share...apparently meatball subs taste pretty much the same going down as they do coming back up.

You'll notice motherrr didn't get that call.
-

No comments: