Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste

The Youngest has always been...easily distracted.

We were going to Spokane yesterday to take my mother out for dinner. Before we left I grabbed the camera and  asked The Youngest to get some extra batteries. Just in case.    (They are kept in the freezer - supposed to make them last longer...)

He disappears around the corner into the kitchen.

I hear him stop, then he continues walking and comes out of the doorway on the other side.

He looks at me. He appears puzzled.

"What was I doing?"

"C'mon bud, stay on task. Batteries."

"Oh yeah. Batteries."

Sigh.

Around he goes again.

This time he stops in front of the frig. I hear him open the freezer door and without missing a beat ...

"Oooh, shiney."

...

He's funny. Sometimes, he really is quite funny.
-

No comments: