Friday, July 16, 2010

As Good As It Gets

Friend Wendy was laughing at a story I was telling her about my latest weight loss program. "That's funny," she says, "you should blog about it."

Yes, well, maybe... Seriously thinking about violently stabbing The Youngest with my fork because he stole a piece of salmon off my plate may or may not make these hallowed pages but when she mentioned this blog I did have to note that there are a couple of people who check it out occasionally and because of that, a while back, I went thru my posts and... sanitized them.

It's the old, being willing to own what one writes, thing. And while I stand by my original thoughts I did realize that some of them could be viewed as being unnecessarily harsh. I changed my format, ran some spell checks, and did a little editing, so that in case some uninvited peoples visited they wouldn't be mortally offended.

And then I looked again. Realized I just wasn't willing to budge compromise on some things and that yeah, if the wrong person read it they still might be offended just hopefully not to the point that they'd entertain thoughts of burning my house down... BUT, it was a helpful exercise in that "last word" thing I have going on. There were quite a few a couple final sentences that were modified. It gave me an opportunity to practise more charitable thoughts. But it was rather a challenge to find words that I could live with and not feel like I was caving to potential peer pressure or being all "namby pamby."

My final analysis? If it is still too abrasive...I apologize, but unfortunately, at the moment, this is....as good as it gets.
-

No comments: