Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No, Really, I Have Nothing Better To Do With My Time...

It was a simple question.

He had requested that I check back with him. So, I did. But there are a few details. How should they be handled?

???

This is not rocket science but...

Sometimes that "but" is just like standing on a track with a train bearing down on you. Isn't it?

"Can we get back to you? May we reach you at home?" His office staff asks. "As soon as we talk to him, we'll have an answer for you."

"Of course." I say.

That was a minimum of four hours ago and, dear office staff, I happen to know he's in the room Right. Next. To. You. Plus I'd lay odds that he has walked back and forth in front of you at least 4 to 6 times per hour. Maybe more.

Do I expect you to drop everything to take care of me?

No.

Unfortunately, not dealing with this in a timely manner then obligates me to be tied to the house phone for however long it takes for you to get a yes or no answer. 

...

Of course, I'd like to thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please let me return the favor sometime.

Really.

I insist.
-

No comments: