Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's a Service We Offer

I've mentioned The Youngest has a broken arm? Back to the doctor, yesterday, for a 5 week surgical follow-up. He had a dissolving stitch, that's not dissolving. The scar was breaking open and is infected. So the doctor digs it out (literally) and prescribes an antibiotic. Take every 6 hrs. Don't screw up. It's a bacterial infection and if it gets to the metal plate ... we don't even want to go there.

So 6am, 12N, 6pm & 12M?

First three, of course, very do-able. That midnight thing, okay, I'll stay up and wake him briefly and it'll be done.

I tell him what's going on. Remember it's a school night. What does The Youngest hear?  He grins, grabs the channel changer and starts looking for a movie to watch.

"Ummm, buddy? Whatcha doing?"

"Well," he says, "midnight is a ways away."

"No, no. It's 9 o'clock. Time for you to go to bed. I'll stay up and wake you at 12 to take your meds."

Silence.

"Buddy?"

No Response.

"School."

All's quiet on the home front.

"Move."

Do I not sound serious enough?

"Nowwww."

Still shaking my head. Is he related to his father or what?
-

No comments: