Thursday, March 18, 2010

Old Friend, Old Buddy, Old Pal...

The phone rings. I quickly scan caller id. Out of area number. Hmmm....silly me, I pick it up anyway.


"Hello?"


A bright, cheery voice blares at me, "Kay! How are you doing?"


Kay?


I politely say, "I'm sorry, you have the wrong number."


Before I can hang up... "Huh? What? Well that's okay," she chirps, "I can talk to you! We're asking..."


There are some things in life that are kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Telemarketing is on that list. This particular approach was especially irritating. No Kay? Well that's alright! They weren't really interested in how she was doing anyway or me either for that matter. But they do seem to have a 'vested' interest in my checkbook.

You know, I can be equally sincere...So we'll solve that little problem with a quick click.

Darn. Finger slipped.

(My bad?)

-

No comments: