Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's All in the Timing

11:30 am. Phone rings. A member of the teacher's quorum is calling with a message for The Youngest. (He's in the shower.) I'm told that "we" need to provide 2 dozen cookies for the fireside tonight.

Well Jenner, thanks for the call. Today. Now. At 11:30am.

Did I mention it was 11:30 in the morning? Oh yes, I see I have. Is that a problem? Well... We leave at 12:15 to set up for geneology & sacrament. Sacrament starts at 1pm. We finished church at 4pm. Take care of cannery assignments etc. so home by 4:30. Various leadership meetings begin at 6pm. Fireside begins at 7pm. Silly me was hoping to have our Sunday family dinner in there, somewhere.

Now we're not even going to quibble about whether we should be baking cookies on a Sunday. I usually go with the neighbors oxen in the mire thing...

What I want to know is...

Are there any 14 -15 year old boys with grey matter inside their skulls or is it all Winnie the Pooh "stuffed with fluff?" Oh dear.

It's not Jenner's fault. Although a timely reminder say, Friday night, might have been nice.

No, not Jenner's fault at all. Because my 15 year old was aware of the task. But that great gap of time between the Wed. nite meeting when they discussed it, and the 5 minutes it took to get home and put it on the calendar?

Sigh.

The distance seems to have defeated him.
-

No comments: