Friday, September 10, 2010

I Spy With My Little Eye...

Remember the game you played when you were little? Well, in our new information age there are all kinds of opportunities to keep track of your friends, relatives & neighbors. Not the least being Internet blogs and social pages. With a few simple clicks and links you can network your way thru the Internet and keep up with the doings of those people you care about but the down side is you also get to learn a lot more about "the mutual acquaintances" than you bargained for.

I had to laugh when one little gal threw a "hail Mary" recently to let us know she was aware other people read her blog.

Really?

Remember - it is a public blog, she hasn't restricted access to it. Plus her blog is just a means to an end for me. However, in the process of seeing what is going on in and around my child's life, I was interested to note that that this girl's future mother-in-law had also stopped by to read it so she could learn more about the young woman her son was dating. The girl was incredibly rude about being STALKED ?? by the guy's mom. (Serious error on the girl's part) Trying to embarrass and hurt someone is never a good start to a relationship... And as a mother, I totally understand being concerned about your children.  Kids are busy and don't always take the time to fill us in on their lives, plus there is all the stuff they think we're better off not knowing! So I'm sure the woman's intent in this case was friendly, benign really. I don't think she deserved the static she got from the other end.

But, I digress.

I'm still chuckling over the fact that the kid thinks she has reached blogger fame.

Oh.

Okay.
-

No comments: