Saturday, September 18, 2010

One Ringy Dingy...

Telephone is ringing.

Caller ID doesn't register a number. Not unusual for the phone in the office. It has issues.

I pick it up and get a recorded message telling me that this is my final opportunity to have my credit card interest rates reduced.

Really?

Sounds like the same outfit that has called here a time or two or three hundred. And you know how you feel when you drop whatever you're doing, dash for the phone to answer it before voice mail picks it up only to find it's a telemarketer?

So I listen to their message and punch 9 to talk to a real person. Real person comes on the line and asks if I'd like to talk about interest rate reductions.

"Actually," I say, "I've received calls from your company before.  Even though the recordings mention each time that this is my last chance to take advantage of this offer and I've requested to be taken off of your calling list before, I'm still hearing from you. Could we do something about that?"

CLICK.

...

Apparently not.
-

No comments: