Monday, September 13, 2010

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

Time marches on.

I remember being 16 and thinking the 30 year old couple I babysat for were A.N.C.I.E.N.T.

Now, well, 30 somethings are just pups.

I was somewhat taken aback however when #1 Daughter came home in her freshman year and informed me that she just wasn't going to be able to go to Relief Society with me, 'cause well, we were boring. And besides - we had Relief Society arms.

???

"You know, when whoever's conducting or teaching, they raise their arms and they have all that saggy skin underneath their upper arms?"

"Oh."

Well, yes indeed, I could see where that would be a major OBSTACLE to your spiritual development.
And although I snickered then, unfortunately, that thought has stuck with me.

Now I think most of us like clothing that fits, is comfortable and looks nice. And we see many mature women wearing tank tops/cap sleeves in public. But it is a fact, with the exception of a few, very well toned individuals, that plunging necklines and bared arms just aren't as attractive as they were when we were 20 or 30 years younger.

I usually try to keep the pudge covered up...but when the weather got hot this summer and I needed some new tops the light weight fabrics I sought all came with short short sleeves. I mulled the problem for a moment and threw caution to the wind. I was hot and I just didn't care what anyone else thought!

Then this morning. I've just showered and dressed. I raise my arms to comb my hair...

You how you get all soft and squishy when you lose weight?

Bwahaha!

But I'm not owning that R.S. arm thing. At this rate, if I keep going, I'll be able to fly soon! I'm dubbing these "my angels wings."

Either that or a twin engine broom!
-

No comments: