Monday, September 20, 2010

Kinda Looks Like Ebola

Has anyone ever shown you how to slice a banana without peeling it first?

You take a needle, insert it through the skin then (without making the hole in the skin any larger) you pull/push the needle through the banana flesh. Repeat for as many slices as you'd like, peel the banana and watch the sliced sections fall apart.

I got a load of grass hay for Padwon last Friday. Farm Boy was busy so I stacked it by myself. Afterward I noticed a bunch of red, blood blister-like marks on my forearms. They ranged in size from pin pricks to pencil eraser sized marks.

I've bucked a lot of hay in my time and this was a first. Far as I can tell there were small grass stems or stickers in the hay that pierced the skin and went deep enough to cut the tissue and allowed it to bleed under the skin. Now my arms look kinda like big, spotted advertisements for some exotic disease.

Should be a real conversation piece.

But, it is what it is and I'll just deal with it - as long as the skin doesn't peel back while I get to watch the sliced sections fall apart...
-

No comments: